[Diy_efi] help w/dyi-wb please

JMSMAUTOMOTIVE at cs.com JMSMAUTOMOTIVE at cs.com
Thu May 2 23:03:04 GMT 2002

i just compleated my first "trial" dyi-wb board. i have tried to test the
heater circuit with a tail lamp bulb and also the o2 sensor, the result is
the same, no led. with the bulb hooked up, it slowly comes on, and stays on,
bright, indefinatelly, and the led will not light. my hunch is that i need to
add a resistor or two in parrallel with r4 as stated in the assembly guide.
my problem is that i ordered all the parts from digikey, and i have no idea
what kind of resistor to add. the dyi-wb web page doesn't specify what kind
of resistor to use. my other question has to do with using the sensor, in the
assembly guide it states that if the led goes out at any time to remove the
sensor from the exaust stream or damage may occur, why?? does it hurt the
sensor to be in the exaust stream without being @ temp? or is it just that
rapid cooling may crack the internal structure? i plan on using this to tune
many cars, so it would be nice to know what ,how ,and why dammage can be
caused. thanks joe