[Diy_efi] Re: [Diy_efi]

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Mon May 6 20:34:06 GMT 2002

From: "William Shurvinton" <shurvinton at orange.net>
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Re: [Diy_efi]
> You can have an NA motor that is no fun in wet road conditions as well
> without trying to hard :-) goes something like 'bog, bog, bog spin' Now
> fixed

That's calibration stuff.  I've owned solid disc'd clutch cars on the street
with finicky torque curves.   A three puke clutch is about as grabby as you
can get.  Yet proper tuning can make it very civilized.

> I have to admit to finding spool strategies fascinating, mainly because
very
> few OEMs seem to get it right in petrol apps. Either its much harder than
it
> sounds or the vehicle guys understand metal far better than silicon and
> therefore don't put in the effort. It looks easy on paper, but then again
so
> does tuning a weber DCOE and as I have discovered, it takes more effort
than
> you first think :-)

And folks kid me about right, and correct.  It's kids play to get
calibrations right, getting them correct is where it all becomes an art form
Bruce