[Diy_efi] diy-wb parts kits

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue May 7 15:19:48 GMT 2002

Jurgen Hartwig wrote:

> Hi, guys.  A few weeks ago Steve Ciciora posted of his latest adventures.
> Apparently, he didn't get enough punishment from the first parts kit group
> buy, so he bought another $3000 in parts. :)
>
> I volunteered to help him with organization of the group buy.
Way to go! : )

> Please be aware I'm doing this in spare time.  The job will be completed
> professionally.  I do what I say, and I expect courtesy and patience from
> everyone involved.  In the previous group buy, I felt Steve got in over his
> head (inundated with hundreds if not thousands of emails, not to mention the
> thousands of tiny parts to sort), which resulted in a sour situation.  I
> hope the presence of another warm body will make this event much smoother.
>
> More details to follow, including a timetable, prices, and web site.

Time from order placement to shipping:

1 week, all goes well.

1 week + 1 weekend, wife sneaks "honeydo" list in Saturday morning

1 1/2 weeks, bad week at work + Friday night spent using alchohol to kill all brain
cells with any association to events at work.  Additional 3 days are for re-training
time.

3 weeks, if wife catches on that each honeydo list is less than 1/2 completed at end
of weekend.  This can be shortened by including extra payment equal to cost of 1
dozen roses.

6 weeks to indefinite, if roses don't work.  6 weeks is minimum time providing an
alternative can be found for roses.  Shipping time may be extended if multiple
Friday nights are spent killing all brain cells with any association to honeydo
list(s), failed roses, and former wife.

; )
gl
Shannen