[Diy_efi] I must be asking lame questions. Now a correction to a posting

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Wed May 8 01:06:21 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: <WEG1192 at aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] I must be asking lame questions. Now a correction to
a posting
> In a message dated 5/7/02 6:57:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nacelp at bright.net
> writes:
> > Gee, from the way I read it the value starts at 019, and includes 01A.
So
> >  an entry of 00 77 in hex would be 117 dec, and times 90, and divided by
256
> >  gives the magic answer.   Some entries are listed as FCB and some FDB.
> >  Feel free to verify with an ecm bench (I would in no circumstances
suggest
> >  testing to see if you could exceed the limit of ~41d).
> >  Bruce

> OK, so I didn't know what FCB and FDB mean.

Then don't post info., as info., when you don't have a clue.   That's the
error with so many of your posts.

> But if the value in 01A were FF,
> that would be 90 degrees maximum spark advance. Why would you ever need to
go
> higher than 90 degrees SA at the crank? Only on a 4 cylinder could you
even
> need 90 degrees. And since 90 degrees at the crank translates to 45
degrees
> at the cam (distributor), you are really protecting from going past the
> halfway point under the distributor cap. It didn't occur to me that you
would
> need two locations to describe max SA. And at 90 degrees, why should it.

I told you your tech guestion quota was over for the day.  But, I'll leave
you with this, when you design your code you can do things the way you want.
You've again assumed the only answer for FF is 90d.

> But the real question is so what if I learn things on here that I use to
help
> me make money? You choose not to but why hold that decision against me.
I'm
> not the only one, I'm just the one who gets under your skin for some
reason.

No, you nor anyone around here have gotten under my skin, again your
assuming.

> I'm also not going to sit back and take your abuse without calling you on
it.

Call me on what?, continually having to correct you?.
The reason I even bother to correct you is so that some unsuspecting newbie,
doesn't take your errors as being accurate info..

> The archives are full of people who've gotten into flames with you, so
I'll
> leave it at that. And if you don't want to help me, don't.

I'm not out to help you, just trying to keep the info posted around here as
accurate as possible.
Bruce