[Diy_efi] I must be asking lame questions.

mike katz ecmhacker at yahoo.com
Wed May 8 15:37:42 GMT 2002

Without giving the farm away,
On the 94-up $EE prom, event side,
There appears to be an unused table and qualifiers for
spark manipulation. The quals start at L23DE, and the
indexed tables start at 23EB and end at
2405. The algo for this appears to be using these
tables to manipulate L0220 (crank offset) and keeps
checking the knock sensor input L1496. The routine is
also broken if the knock sensor error has been set.

The end result is to use the regular spark tables or
the low ocatane multipliers. The tables are based on
tps,rpm map and gear selection. They are also set to
00, so they are not used. What would the purpose be of
moving the timing around under these conditions? I am
going to play with it on my test bench. I was
wondering if anybody has seen that code being used in
another $EE bin file, or that type of algo used in
another ecm.

A good guess would be this is either an attempt to get
the timing as close to MBT as possible. Maybe an early
form of "closed loop" spark?

Can anybody verify this? What should I
call these tables?

Mike