Fw: [Diy_efi] compression ratio

Grant Beaty gbeaty at ufl.edu
Thu May 9 03:05:15 GMT 2002

Wow, thats a lot of water. I know this is a bit OT (the thread is anyway),
but if you spray water evenly into all cylinders, can it take the place of
fuel? That is, could you theoretically run 14.7:1 at WOT, spraying water for
cooling instead of fuel? My setup will be 2D mapped, so I can take out fuel
and the water injector's duty cycle increases.

My car is limited by octane. And if I increase the octane, its limited by
injector. I'd really preffer to kill two birds with one stone and spray
something into the motor that will effectively increase the octane and
richen it up at the same time. Alky looks nice, but it seems more volume
must be sprayed for it to be effective (compared to water).

Thanks,
Grant Beaty