[Diy_efi] compression ratio

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Sat May 11 03:23:06 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "elcamino73" <elcamino73 at mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] compression ratio
> I've seen a lot less then .038 on a street engine.
> So what do you run on yours?

Alot less then yours.

> Rod stretch ain't a function of HP,
> Ya I know it's RPM
> and is the only problem I know of to make the number critical.
> Ever hear of piston rock?

Every draw a picture of piston in the bore, and figure out how much rock
effects the piston's height in the bore?.

> Sometimes erroring on the side of safetly can cause more problems then it
> solves.
> No error, just good solid decisions based on sources like John
Lenginfelter,
> chevy high performane magazine and most importantly my machinest who has
put
> together well over 700 engines with 30% of them being boosted.

   I'd been interested in hearing any benefits of running with more end
gases then needed.   Or a real reason for running .048.   And what did they
say about .046, where's the magic on that .048?.
Bruce