[Diy_efi] compression ratio

elcamino73 elcamino73 at mindspring.com
Sat May 11 04:15:44 GMT 2002

> > So what do you run on yours?
>
> Alot less then yours.

So are we playing games now Bruce?

<G>  I can't tell you my secrets

Any reason why you didn't answer the WI questions?

> > Rod stretch ain't a function of HP,
> > Ya I know it's RPM
> > and is the only problem I know of to make the number critical.
> > Ever hear of piston rock?
>
> Every draw a picture of piston in the bore, and figure out how much rock
> effects the piston's height in the bore?.

No, and your comment was not how much it was "the only problem"

> > Sometimes erroring on the side of safetly can cause more problems then
it
> > solves.
> > No error, just good solid decisions based on sources like John
> Lenginfelter,
> > chevy high performane magazine and most importantly my machinest who has
> put
> > together well over 700 engines with 30% of them being boosted.

 Or a real reason for running .048.   And what did they
> say about .046, where's the magic on that .048?.

You misread it was .038, which is the thickness of the felpro lockwire
gasket. Pistons are set at zero deck
height.

Have you ever figured out how much gas is in a 1-1/2" by 4.155" cresent moon
.038 in height?

Bill