[Diy_efi] compression ratio

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Sat May 11 05:11:31 GMT 2002

I'm running .037, so nyeh! :)

I've got TFS TW heads.  With the piston .003 out of the bore, I still
have .280 valve clearance at .498 lift.

I would start to be concerned at half the gasket thickness, .020 in my
case.

BTW, have you sat down and calculated your CR?  It's unlikely that you
would gain anything splitting hairs over the squish, if that's your goal.

BTW, you're crescent is about 2.9 to 3.2cc as a quick figure.  A .040 gasket
with a 4.100 bore is 8.4cc.

My CR is 9.767:1.

--Perry

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 11:00:45PM -0400, elcamino73 wrote:
> I've seen a lot less then .038 on a street engine.
> So what do you run on yours?
>
> Rod stretch ain't a function of HP,
> Ya I know it's RPM
>
> and is the only problem I know of to make the number critical.
> Ever hear of piston rock?
>
> Sometimes erroring on the side of safetly can cause more problems then it
> solves.
>
> No error, just good solid decisions based on sources like John Lenginfelter,
> chevy high performane magazine and most importantly my machinest who has put
> together well over 700 engines with 30% of them being boosted.

Perry Harrington             Linux rules all OSes.               APSoft      ()
perry at apsoft dot com 			                 Think Blue. /\

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin