[Diy_efi] Data logging..

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Sat May 11 09:24:51 GMT 2002

I'm working on such a product.

The production version will support 8 analog channels (1 dedicated
to battery voltage), tach, and vehicle speed.  I have bench tested
the unit and get about 134 samples a second at 38400 baud.

The final product should give ~100 samples per second with 10bit
ADC resolution.

I have built one prototype (with 4 ADC channels) and am working on
the head unit software (a display device which shows the data in
realtime).

I plan on selling the setup for about $750US.  I will also sell the
datalogging module separately.

What's your timeframe for needing such a product?

--Perry

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 03:22:43AM +0300, Antti Lehtonen wrote:

> Hi,
> we are doing pilot program to change fuel maps on audis 5cyl
> motronic and for now we are just trusted our vision and ears and
> butt-dyno result as feedback to re designed curves..
>
> Need to do some dataloggin to laptop pc, 7 analog signals 0-5v
> and one 0-12v. Up to 100 test per second would be nice.
>
> Is there any product that can do this? all the sensors are standard
> bosch (GM ?) throttle position, maf, map, sensors plus rpm and
> lambda and some temperatures..
>
> Goal is to make software that monitors lambda and when optimum
> mixture is achieved present fuel and advance information is recorded and
> later on burned as new chip.

Perry Harrington             Linux rules all OSes.               APSoft      ()
perry at apsoft dot com 			                 Think Blue. /\

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin