[Diy_efi] "Wet" Manifold Questions

justin ivan vlkslvr at hotmail.com
Wed May 15 20:22:10 GMT 2002

The torque curve is impressive. That is for sure. The noise level of the
installed one's I've seen certainly aren't. As far as power, they haven't
really been shown to make great power. I have two issue with superchargers
on a 4 cyl
1) They very often make too much torque down low, causing accelerated
drivetrain wear and torque steer.
2) Most 4 cyl's make power by spinning pretty fast this can cause problems
as the parasitic drag tends to get pretty expensive hp wise.

If you've got good bandwidth here is a video of the lysholm on a VW
http://www.autosporttuning.com/videos/lysholm.rm

Just some personal opinions, can you make power with a supercharger on a 4
cyl, yes, yes you can.
Justin