[Diy_efi] "Wet" Manifold Questions

Stephen Andersen SAndersen at advan-tek.com
Wed May 15 20:03:44 GMT 2002

Lysholm is the "inventor" of the screw compressor
design.  All twin-screw compressors are made under
license to the Swedish company that owns this design.

The ownership and layout of the Swedish companies and
the license has changed fairly often in the last few
years to make me unsure of what company actually owns
the name "Lysholm" compresor.  Opcon Autorotor is one
licensee.  SRM is another licensee (or perhaps even the
owner), of whom Whipple is the exclusive US distributor.
Ironically, Eaton now owns SRM.  All of the SRM compressors
have been recently redesigned by Eaton to use all Eaton
technology for manufacturing, bearings, gear drives,
lubrication, etc...

I think it would be PERFECT for a 4cyl, as it would give
you lots of low-end torque, while still giving efficiency
and power "near" that of a turbo at the high end.

Much flatter torque curve to be had...

Steve