[Diy_efi] : ask the clowns at CSH, HQexperts #1

bill.shurvinton at nokia.com bill.shurvinton at nokia.com
Fri May 17 11:39:08 GMT 2002

Hrmm,

Read this and shannon's reply and still not totally sure. One of the =
friends I know here uses the restricted swirl pot return to his =
advantage whilst sprinting, as the required 35 seconds of fuel is all in =
the surge pot.

In my application I have a non-baffled tank which feeds a facet =
interupter pump (clack whirr, clicketty thing). The surge pot is off a =
VW with built in HP pump. I guess just under a quart of fuel in the =
foam. Pot is in engine bay, but on other side from the hot bits and well =
back. My concern is mainly a comfort and early warning issue. When =
running in a carb configuration, the idle clack tells you that =
everything is right and transition to a noisy whirr is a comfort. (pump =
is about 2 ft from driver, just behind rear axle). I am also not totally =
sure that the facet likes to run full on all the time. tank return goes =
to the fuel filler hose.

Sticking a 1mm jet in the return feed should allow a slow replacement of =
fuel at low speeds and at higher the awesome guzzling potential of =
mazda's finest should ensure the pot is always full of fresh stuff? Real =
solution is I guess to buy a new LP pump that makes less noise and =
doesn't mind aimlessly circulating fuel.

On the cooling front, I'm using the VW OEM fuel filter cannister. Does =
is help to put a finned cooler on that, like the pep boys ones for oil =
filters?

Bill