[Diy_efi] fuel injection for an airplane engine

Sean Olson sto9013 at ksu.edu
Sun May 26 15:30:53 GMT 2002

Erik,

I am researching EFI systems on a corvair engine and was wondering how you
setup the intake (plenum, runners, injectors, fuel rails).  Also, did you
mill the intake off (tri-port) to get individual runners?

I am currently planning to use a centermount 4 barrel carb adapter with 4
downtubes (I've got the 140HP heads) with an adpater plate to fit a TBI
from a 2.8/3.1 GM motor.  To me, this seems the cheapest/easiest way to
start.  Eventually I'd like an individual runner system, but my
fabrication skills need a lot of work before I attempt that.

Sean