[Diy_efi] fuel injection for an airplane engine

Bobby Riggs bobbyriggs at yahoo.com
Tue May 28 06:51:59 GMT 2002

Sorry I kinda got off on a tiraid(sp?)! :)

  Yes, I would use something such as a SDS,
Wolf3D, or a used Haltec system ($400 or so).
that size engine, 19lb/hr or so??  There are a
few sites that have HP  to injector size
calculators:
http://www.slowgt.com/Calc1.htm#FInjHP
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/fuelinjectors.htm
Scroll to the bottom..
The hardest part would be the manifold but if you
know how to weld it should be too much of a
problem, or pay somone else to do it.  You might
just want to check out company websites to get a
feel of how big of a project it may/may not be!
-Bobby

--- William Shurvinton <shurvinton at orange.net>