[Diy_efi] Knock Detection using GM ESC Module

William Shurvinton shurvinton at orange.net
Wed May 29 20:39:12 GMT 2002

I think that is what I was (badly) trying to say. There are so many
variables at play it becomes difficult to discuss over the disjointed medium
of email. I suspect that eliminating variables on the track is a non-trivial
task. It can be hard enough in a home garage :-)

As for the F1 teams, I will try and find out. A friend of mine instruments
stuff for a lot of the teams and may know.  He has also promised to
instrument my crank and engine mounts so I can explore whether this is a
viable DIY strategy for spark optimisation. I do know that F1 engines rev so
fast that they have to use the d/dt(RPM) in fuelling calculations.

Bill