[Diy_efi] Instrumenting Engine Mounts

Dennis Gearon gearond at cvc.net
Wed May 29 22:40:13 GMT 2002

"William Shurvinton" <shurvinton at orange.net> wrote:
>He has also promised to
>instrument my crank and engine mounts so I can explore whether this is a
>viable DIY strategy for spark optimisation.

I plan on doing just such a thing. I want to know what my present torque
curve is before I do any modification. For one reason, I have to build
my own headers, and I want to know where to boost the torque curve
between it's fall off and the redline, vs the gears and my normal
driving habits. The second reason is for spark optimization before
installation of a knock sensor. The other reason is to figure out how
much my other mods change things.

If I can find the time, I'm going to put a variable area, variable
length intake manifold on. I hear they really boost midrange as well as
the high end.
--

If You want to buy computer parts, see the reviews at:
http://www.cnet.com/