[Diy_efi] Liquid Phase Propane Injectors

Robert Harris bob at bobthecomputerguy.com
Wed May 29 22:51:11 GMT 2002

Pressure in the tank varies according to free air temperature of the tank.
Propane "boils" at ~-44F.  Butane and other lights boil at a higher
temperature.  Temperature and composition establish pressure for a given
temperature. Pressure keeps the everything liquid.  The most insidious part is
that commercial LPG can contain up to 50% or more butane, butene, propene,
ethylene, propylene etc.  A virtual witches stew with no two batches being the
same.  Some advertise 95% propane - but then, so do others sell bridges.