[Diy_efi] Knock Detection by J+S

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Thu May 30 03:37:44 GMT 2002

Bruce,

I know the J+S retards individual cylinders to maintain as much
power as possible.  Since there is no cam sync, it can't tell you
which cylinder that is, but it will give the max amount of retard.

Just what else is done to "look for knock when its likely"?  I was
thinking of paying for an Accel 7 knock detection option, but I
am leaning toward using my J+S system instead.

thanks, Bruce Roe