[Diy_efi] WB free air calibration

Deep Stroke deepstroke928 at hotmail.com
Thu May 30 04:17:05 GMT 2002

From: Garfield Willis <garwillis at msn.com>
>To: Diy_efi at diy-efi.org
> >Ok, understood it is not lab grade (what tolerances qualifies as "lab
>grade"
> >anyway).
>
>The term "not lab grade" is a Plecanism, a euphemism for "sloppy and
>uncalibrated" (no commercial AFR sensing vendor has every used any terms

<useless Gar-drivel snipped>

Hey, Side-show-Gar,
You'd be much better suited to going back and hawking your over-priced,
over-hyped MEGOR crap in some other venue. Success for your MEGOR crap must
be sorely lacking, given all the time you spend spewing your uninteresting,
tedious diatribe on DIY. But, that makes sense, since you claim then to need
3-4 weeks ARO for your build-to-order crap.
Why don't you "engineer" a device that monitors (and controls) your own
effluence?  I'm not sure the correct orifice, but I'd definitely make it a
dual channel, and very high bandwidth. Stick it in (or up) both ends of the
source. Heck, I'll bet most people on DIY would chip in to defray the
development costs.  (Not sure about getting any pro-bono help for alpha or
beta-testing, though.)
Do you think 1Gs sample-rate is enough for your output?  Nyquist says it
should.  Maybe some pre-processing to compress the data?  Hey, I believe if
you got a nice TI DSP in there to eliminate the noise, it might reduce the
real (useful) data-rate of your "stream" to about 10Hz.  Yeah, just getting
rid of the noise in your effluence would really be the ticket.  The GAR-SNR
must be infinitely close to approaching zero, I'll have to use basic
calculus to determine it.
Can't you find another playground for yourself? There has to be SOMETHING
else out there that you can attempt to use to stroke your ego that is AWAY
from here.  Go away and peddle your 'wares on eBay, or something.  Go away
and write a book on how no one can match your perceived understanding of all
things combustible, or your incredibly self-inflated engineering prowess.
In short, just go away.