[Diy_efi] Knock Detection using GM ESC Module

marko.cosic marko.cosic at ntlworld.com
Thu May 30 15:30:41 GMT 2002

> Learning how to read plugs is the only true answer.
> J+S makes some serious K/S stuff.   It just looks for knock when it's
likely
> to be present not full time.  Too easy to sense noises that appear to be
> detonation in a race engine.   An Acoustic detector is looking for noises,
> ONLY.   If any NOISE is similiar to what it's looking for it will be
> triggered.
> Bruce

OT now an I apologise in advance, but could somebody read these for me
please?
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/marko.cosic/misc/plug.jpg

We're having problems with an intermittent misfire on the car (2 litre T16
Rover; 10:1 comp, Elec fuel/ignition, map based, 140hp), and I've done all I
can think to do. Does it regardless of engine temp, ambient temp, load,
angle the car is at, revs.... One minute its fine, the next it misfires, a
cackle a pop and a BANG later and its blown the back box to pieces.

Marko