[Diy_efi] RE: Ways to effectively use O2 sensor on motorcycle?

Sven svenc at qwest.net
Fri May 31 23:55:39 GMT 2002

Thanks for the practical advice Neil.  Others have mentioned problems
keeping sensor at temperature.  A solution recommended to me was placing the
bung within 8" of the cylinder exhaust port.  Seeing this single cylinder
650cc bike has two exhaust ports, I'm not sure if enough exhaust gases
 325cc equivalent displacement ) will flow by sensor if mounted before
collector.  What do you think about this ?

Let's say I go heated, do you recall what such a heated unit draws for
current ?  On the rectified circuit of this dirt bike, there are only lights
( head and tail ) that consume 40 watts combined.  Since bike doesn't list
output of generator, I can only assume it's sized for about this load.  Can
anybody recommend simple heated units ( ones that I can plug a voltmeter
to ) that can run under this power constraint ?  If I wanted, could I do the
DIY_WB with these power constraints ?

Sven