[Diy_efi] Improving on the design

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 4 04:53:35 GMT 2002

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 09:31:54AM -0800, AVRGENIE wrote:
> I would like to improve on the design by symplifying it and using
> a programmable microcontroller to do all the dirtywork.  I just
> need to know a few things before I continue any further.

You mean something like:
	http://bernd.felsche.org/tech/EFI/DDL/DDL.html
??

> What is the o/p current of the NTK Sensor measured at Vout.

There is no output current. :-)

See the description of sensor operating principle at the URL above.

> What is the voltage and max current desired across the heater element.

Maximum voltage is maximum (typical) available in a vehicle.
That's in excess of 14V... current is determined by the fastest
that you dare to heat the sensor, the available voltage and the
heater's resistance that varies with temperature. "Cold" resistance
is about 2 Ohms (IIRC) and there's a positive temperature contour in
the NTK sensor's heater.

> I really just want an overview of the o/p's and inputs on the
> sensor. Any information that you could give will help. I'm going
> to plug these values into Electronics Workshop and try to get the
> overall Tolerance as low as possible so info on how the sensor
> behaves is critical.  Planning on using this in a final project
> for my BS in electrical engineering.  All results I get will be
> shared.

> Is there a forum?

Not specifically... See the URL above.