[Diy_efi] NTK wideband sensor

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Tue Nov 5 15:18:16 GMT 2002

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 00:08:12 +1300, "Bevan Weiss" <beshpa at net4u.co.nz>
wrote:

>I'm looking for some info (ie a datasheet would be very nice) on the NTK
>sensor (L1H1 stamp) used in the DIY-WB.  This would seem to be a good =
start
>for any WBO2 sensor.

No such datasheet or any other kind of official NTK tech info on that
OEM sensor exists (or at least is available to the public). You can look
at the seminal SAE NTK paper (it's all over the archives, just do a
search) or NTK's datasheet on their original sensor (available from NTK
and a copy is on the FTP site somewhere) , for principles of operation,
but the curves in there aren't actually the same as the Honda NTK sensor
you refer to above. The only way to get an actual calibration curve, for
example, is to get a statistically significant (say at least a hundred
or two) sample of sensors, and gas-calibrate them with lab standard
gases. That's also the only way available to determining the method
they've used in their embedded "Cal Resistor" that's included in the OEM
connector.

Gar Willis
EGOR Technology