[Diy_efi] need scripting help

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Wed Nov 20 01:35:24 GMT 2002

Y'all are usually quick to help out with scripts...  I need one to help
keep the archives up to date.  The portion I need help with is one that
can go into the continually growing diy_efi mbox file and extract the
current months postings into a stand alone file.  It then needs to be
copied into the archive directory and run thru mhonarc, indexed, etc.
It'll run nightly as a cron job.  I'd prefer it in perl as I can almost
read perl.  I can add the copying, indexing, etc.  It's extracting the
current months postings from the mbox file that I need help with.  It's
a standard mailbox file, where each message begins with "From" at the
beginning of the line.  On the first day of a new month it needs to look
for the last posts from the last month plus the new posts for the
current month.  If you can help please reply privately.

Thanks,
--steve

Here's a sample of the headers in the file: