[Diy_efi] LPG injection

Grant Beaty gbeaty at ufl.edu
Mon Nov 25 14:27:26 GMT 2002

The large front-mount intercoolers that me and Derek have on our cars come
very close to bringing the charge air temps down to 5-20 degrees of ambient,
even running 30 psi of boost. Don't forget that propane requires more O2 and
therefor for boost to make the same power as methanol.

But lets be realistic for a second. We are talking about suplimental
injection systems for gasoline-powered turbo cars correct? At least I am :)
Which fuel could you run the most boost (ie make the most power on gasoline)
with? Obviously one can always spray more and turn up the boost, but the
main reason to do this is convienence right? Which fuel can be used with the
most (gas volume) / (other volume) ratio?

Grant