[Diy_efi] EEC IV Engine swap

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Tue Oct 1 19:48:16 GMT 2002

Joe,

The trucks used speed density bank fire injection.

I recall that there is an overlay harness and computer upgrade that you can
get to convert it to sequential injection and use the Mustang computer.

If the computer you have for the Mustang is from 87, then it's SDEFI as well.

I don't know if the overlay harness converts over to MAF or if it's SD.  An
educated guess would say that you get a Mustang MAF, harness, and an A9L or
equivelent.

--Perry

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 10:02:55PM -0600, Joe Piche wrote:
> I did a scan through the archives, and did not find alot of info on the eec
> iv system.
>
> Anyways, heres whats happening. I've got a 87 f-150 4x4, manual, 302. The
> 302 is comin out because of noise, low oil pressure, and because it leaks
> oil, burns oil, and sprays oil (problem has fixed it self since the low oil
> pressure showed up :-). Going in is an 87 mustang 302 roller cam with truck
> heads.
>
> Now, how can I reprogram the computer to accept mustang program. I take it
> that it isn't as simple as burning a new rom like the gm computers. Would it
> be easier to find a replacement computer from a manual 5L mustang of the
> same vintage?
>
> Thanks.

Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin