[Diy_efi] Lookup Tables

Matt Donohoe mdonohoe at telpacific.com.au
Thu Oct 3 17:15:40 GMT 2002

Hi Guys,

A very stupid question I am aware.

People speak of "correction tables" which the ECU computer uses and says "if
the coolant is below X degrees or X volts" correct the fuel/timing by X
degrees/ms.. How do these tables work in relation to the main
advance/injection tables?

Are they added/subtracted to get a final result and that result used or ?

Sorry guys, just wondering a bit... The computers alone are fascinating! Not
the hardware but the complex software routines that must be carried out
every instant in time to keep the car going well or accelerating as fast as
it can etc...

P.S. I am not trying to modify my computer or car in any way(2001 Honda
Civic 7th Gen I believe you would call it) as I dont find Front-Wheel-Drive
that much fun(but it does have some very nice advantages)...