[Diy_efi] DIY-WB and methanol

daveb at codyscafe.com daveb at codyscafe.com
Tue Oct 8 20:12:23 GMT 2002

I've done some searching with google and have yet to find an answer
pertaining to wideband O2 sensors in general or the DIY-WB kit in
particular.

I'm investigating what tools I will need to tune my racecar-in-the-making
over the winter.

I will be running two fuel systems - pump/race gas as the main fuel for the
injectors controlled by the ECU and METHANOL for the foggers present as
part of a direct port nitrous kit.

My question is fairly simple:  Will the DIY-WB provide accurate A/F ratio
information when a mixture of gasoline and methanol is present, oxidized by
nitrous oxide?

Any thoughts on the matter are appreciated.

peace
-Dave