[Diy_efi] DIY-WB and methanol

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Tue Oct 8 20:34:04 GMT 2002

This was discussed on efi332 not too long ago.  The short answer is that
the calibration curve for the WB sensor is specific to gasoline.  It's a
measure of the partial pressures of the combustion products.  Any oxygen
introduced with the fuel will change the measurement.  The efi332
archives aren't online yet, I'll see if I can find the post and echo it.

--steve

daveb at codyscafe.com wrote:

> I've done some searching with google and have yet to find an answer
> pertaining to wideband O2 sensors in general or the DIY-WB kit in
> particular.
>
> I'm investigating what tools I will need to tune my racecar-in-the-making
> over the winter.
>
> I will be running two fuel systems - pump/race gas as the main fuel for the
> injectors controlled by the ECU and METHANOL for the foggers present as
> part of a direct port nitrous kit.
>
> My question is fairly simple:  Will the DIY-WB provide accurate A/F ratio
> information when a mixture of gasoline and methanol is present, oxidized by
> nitrous oxide?
>
> Any thoughts on the matter are appreciated.
>
> peace
> -Dave

Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com