[Diy_efi] Eprom Burning equipment question

Merchant, Adnan Adnan.Merchant at TycoHealthcare.com
Wed Oct 9 20:09:31 GMT 2002

Hi,

There is a pretty neat DIY EPROM burner circuit out there (do a search under
DIY EPROM).   All you need are a couple of 4040 binary up-counters, a power
supply and a PC with a Centronics parallel port.

The web site even has the necessary software to verify and load the code.
If I recall, it will handle up to a 27040 EPROM (256kx8).

It's amazingly simple, IMHO.

Regards,
Adnan

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Andersen [mailto:steve.andersen at dol.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 12:11 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Diy_efi] Eprom Burning equipment question

I need to purchase a chip burner to handle (at least
a minimum) 27C256 and 27C512 Eproms.  It will be for
development and small "production" (perhaps 10's to
a hudred chips/year).  I don't want to spend a lot of
money, but I want something robust, reliable, and
easy to use for a non-EE geek like me.

Anyone have any suggestions?

TIA,
Steve