[Diy_efi] DIY-WB and methanol

Derek derek_obanion at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 10 00:53:50 GMT 2002

Well Brian, next time you drive that yellow monster down here to Portland, you
should stop by. My Supra now has a TON of methanol injection, and I have nothing
but great things to say about it (how's 26psi and 650RWHP on pump gas sound).
Also have that AEM EMS on it (I'm sure you heard of that right)? I think the AEM
EMS is out or soon to be out for the VR4s, and you HAVE to get it. It's amazing
what it can do, basically everything. Pretty much the key to my whole alcohol
system. I have it programmed to ramp up the alcohol pump speed in relation to
injector duty cycle. I can start spraying at 3psi with a seamless activation,
with enough flow to support high timing and boost up to 29psi (spiked that high
for a moment, and the log showed not a blip of knock).

I have a US DIY-WB on it and it works great. I haven't seen the readings thrown
off when the methanol starts spraying, even when I was running a 50/50 mix of
methanol and water. I have been delivering up to the same volume rate as
gasoline. No sudden jump in the ratios when the mix hit the motor. The AFRs
matched up exactly with what I expected, based upon my previous AFRs and the
volume flow I was using. But now that I'm switching to pure methanol, I think if
there was even a little inaccuracy before, it will be even less of a issue now.

Well take it easy, don't be a stranger.
-Derek O'Banion
derek_obanion at yahoo.com