[Diy_efi] EFI and heavy fuel (eg. Parafin )

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 10 20:55:30 GMT 2002

At 7:43 AM 10/10/02, Ron Schroeder wrote:
>Hi Thonas,
>
>Just out of curiosity, how low in compression ratio do you need to go to run
>a spark ignition engine on kerosene?  Can those engines also run on diesel
>fuel or is that just too heavy?

Diesel and kerosene are virtually the same thing, except for the additive
package.

Personal experience with a 196-4 with the (export only) low comp. head and
pistons in a Scout (another 'Binder !!)  :-) was that it ran FINE on #2
diesel once started, in fact made more power than it did on gasoline.

This engine ran about 6 : 1 compression, and had VERY nice chambers--lots
of squish, near spherical chambers (large bowls in the piston directly
under the bowls in the head where the plugs resided) and short flame
travel.

Greg