[Diy_efi] EFI and heavy fuel (eg. Parafin )

Tomas Sokorai Sch. tsokorai at xperts.cl
Thu Oct 10 20:55:37 GMT 2002

I haven't measured it's compression ratio, but judging from the specs I've=
=20
found, and the fact that the engine is very easy to *hand* crank, the=20
compression is ultra low. The original gasoline model it's supposed to have=
=20
5.33:1 CR!!

some info about the engine:
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Geyser/2544/farmalla.html
http://www.geocities.com/agenfarmall/Tractor-Farmall_A_Data_Sheet.html

don't laugh at his HP ratings, hehehehe ;)

I never tried to run it on diesel, but for my next vacations I'll try to=20
resucitate it and try that just for fun :) (the tractor is not used and=20
stored at my family's farm, 70 miles from the city where I live). I have th=
e=20
feeling that diesel is too heavy to vaporizate from the carb, even with the=
=20
heat.

Tomas

On Thursday 10 October 2002 07:43, Ron Schroeder wrote:
> Hi Thonas,
>
> Just out of curiosity, how low in compression ratio do you need to go to
> run a spark ignition engine on kerosene?  Can those engines also run on
> diesel fuel or is that just too heavy?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron Schroeder
> WD8CDH
> day 631 344-4561
> nite 631 286-5677

=2D-=20
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.
Socio director, Gerente Proyectos Especiales
Xperts Ltda. F: 63 244591, Valdivia, Chile