[Diy_efi] What is stoichometric....really?

john jake at infctd.net
Fri Oct 11 18:49:27 GMT 2002

stoichometric is a theoretical chemical point where each molecule of fuel
has a partner of o2 to pair with in combustion

note operative word - theoretical

12.5 or thereabouts (varies between fuels and engines) is the point in the
real world, where there is sufficient fuel in the charge for all of the air
to find a fuel molecule to combust with in the suboptimal real world
conditions of the combustion chamber