[Diy_efi] What is stoichometric....really?

Derek derek_obanion at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 16:23:34 GMT 2002

> Derek, I asked this before, and basically someone responded that any richer
> than 14.2 or so (b/c of some ineffeciencies its not exactly 14.7) is used
> for cooling. It makes sense, when you consider that all cars are tuned for
> 14.7 cruising. The point when all fuel is burned and all O2 is used up
> should be the most gas and emissions effecient way to go.

Not really. If you don't need the power, you can get away with running 16-17.5:1
AFR at cruise and get a big jump in gas mileage. I can idle at 16:1.

But if you read some of the other responces, you would see that there is a
combustive reason for running 12:1 under boost, more than just cooling. I'm not
about to start tuning for 1 lamba (stoich, or 14.7 in gas) under boost with the
methanol. Still shooting for .8.