[Diy_efi] New to list, have a question about speed density and turbos

A6intruder A6intruder at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 24 15:54:32 GMT 2002

Why is speed density any better?  I would think particularly in your case, a
properly sized MAF before the turbo would simplify your computations.  You
would have accurate info on what is going into the turbo and only have to
correct for air charge temp after the turbo.

Speed density could be a lower parts count.  If you use a multi-bar MAP
sensor you could have 100% power at 21 psi boost or where ever you set it on
your custom ECU.

Just my initial thoughts.

Daniel R. Nicoson
Equipment Exchange Company