[Diy_efi] What Injector Is This?

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Wed Apr 2 04:48:33 GMT 2003

Joe,

They sound a lot like custom calibrated injectors.  I wouldn't be surprise
if they were 30lb injectors that were opened up to 38.

Really, there is no way of knowing without having them flowed.  I would consult
an experienced tuner WRT your detonation.  That is usually a sign of a problem
that is intrinsic.  If you don't want your motor to hole a piston (common on
the weak hypereutectic GT motors with superchargers), then get in touch with
a reputable shop.  There is no harm in stuffing Lightning injectors into the
car when you have it properly cal'd.

--Perry

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 10:16:21PM -0600, Joe Mills wrote:
> Hey guys/gals, newbie here!
> I've got a problem on my supercharged 97 Mustang GT.
> The car is detonating and, in researching the problem, I realize that the
> injectors on the car are not what I was told they were by the seller (Bosch
> brand, 38# injectors).
> Please help if you can.  I am looking to determine:
>
> What brand of injector these are
> What size injectors these are
>
> Clues:
> "38" scribed on the side of each
> Numbers stenciled on them:
> 2267
> 17105898
>
> I have a closeup shot of one at:
> http://www.mustangmods.net/data/578/Injector2.jpg
>
> Thanks DIY_EFI!

Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin