[Diy_efi] EGOR Technology/Gar Willis - Me too

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Sun Apr 6 00:36:47 GMT 2003

I remember putting myself on Gars' waiting list to get the
EGOR, I dropped from the lists.  No money involved, at least.
After some months I started e-mailing Gar about what the
situation was.  Never received a single response.  After 9
months I got impatient, got back on the lists, tried to get
involved with the WB, the thing took off about then.  Gar
accused me of stealing his design, the first of many
accusations.  I am still trying to figure out what he was
selling, it seemed to be made out of unobtanium.  Did
anyone get some of his product?

The DIY-WB was quite a bargain for those not willing or
able to lay out kil-o-bucks, although the EGOR would have
been reasonable if if wasn't vaporware.  Gar must have
typed 100 words a minute; just reading some of those
posts was a project.  Very creative too, but not in the
positive sense.  We were well informed of the DIYs
less than kilobuck performance, unfortunately the flaws
were considerably exagerated.  An add on fix for the
minimum heater voltage has been released for the
few who really need it, the calibration issue was blown
completely out of reality, and just maybe we will patch
up the transient response, but we wouldn't want it to
actually compete with the kilobuck stuff.

Bruce Roe