[Diy_efi] Need Help With Holley Pro-Jection

Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com
Wed Apr 9 06:08:37 GMT 2003

--===============58187940202788457==

--part1_90.353f3daf.2bc5131d_boundary

In a message dated 4/8/03 11:43:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
samger2 at hotmail.com writes:

> But would it work at all if the voltage polarity was reversed?
>
> Let me also add that the instructions state to mount the pump no higher
> than
> the lowest point of the gas tank.  That's impossible for me.  I have an
> aftermarket tank that the bottom comes near the bottom of my springs, so
> after speaking to some other Jeepers, they suggested that it should work
> o.k. if I mount it on the frame rail.  Thanks.
>
> Sam

Polarity reversed on the pump (DC motor) would cause the pump to run
backwards, thus pumping into the tank. I had an old analog Pro-jection
installed on my '82 CJ-5 for 4 years. I also had a 21-gal aftermarket fuel
tank (required spacers to lower the skid-plate 4", ie. no more hardcore
trails). But I never had a problem with fuel delivery with the pump mounted
to the frame just forward of the rear "hump" over the rear axle. I'm not sure
what pump you have, but the small, slender, black pump supplied with the old
2bbl Pro-ject was CRAP. Expect to replace it soon if you are using that one.
Good luck with it.

Beau

--part1_90.353f3daf.2bc5131d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>In a message dated 4/8/03=