[Diy_efi] GM 1227783

Al Tobey tobeya at tobert.org
Thu Apr 24 16:16:43 GMT 2003

Does anybody have the pinouts for the GM 1227783 ECM?  It's commonly
used on the Series I 3800, which I have installed in my '89 GMC Jimmy.
I'm currently making a new EFI harness for the truck.

I have a 1227148 that I think may have been destroyed (extended
submersion in water - can it still be good?).  This was the ECM that the
harness was connected to.  I have two '783's, one of which I know is
good.

Also, can the GM DIS coil packs all be interchanged?  I have a newer
style and a couple of the older style - I belive the newer style puts
out more energy.  I also don't know the order of the pairs on the newer
style - it doesn't have the cylinder numbers stamped on it like the old
one does.

old: |-o-o-o-| new: |oo-oo-oo|

Thanks for any info,
-Al Tobey