[Diy_efi] Re: Throttle before turbo on EFI

Josh Wingell wingell at charter.net
Mon Apr 28 02:45:41 GMT 2003

The biggest problem with this type of setup is intercooler pipe leaks.

If you blow an intercooler pipe off with the throttle before the
turbo, the engine will essentially be getting full throttle, and there
wouldn't be a damn thing you could do about it from the cockpit
besides shut down the ignition.  This is a big time safety issue.

Any small leaks in your intercooler pipes would also wreak havoc with
your tuning and idle.

Some cars have used this (older Turbo Dodges).  But I don't think it
has been used on a production car since.  There are reasons for this.

Josh