[Diy_efi] Fuel Tank Modifications

Allyn amalventano at sc.rr.com
Mon Dec 29 21:58:34 GMT 2003

> The
> surge tank will also simplify return line plumbing.  Or a custom tank.

along these lines, you can get a vw (watercooled) style reservoir. it holds
about 4 ounces of fuel, has an integrated mesh filter, and has 4
connections. you run the in-tank pump to the reservoir, and the return line
taps off of the top of teh reservoir and heads back to the tank. the other 2
connections are for the external pump suction and the return from the fpr.
heres what it looks like:
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/0-allyn/images/020518-121420-Z10.jpg
and this pic has the vw part numner on it:
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/0-allyn/images/020510-154136-Z10.jpg
hth

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger Scirocco GTO 2.0 16v (daily driver, 190k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX (30% complete, rocco #7)
86.5 Occo 16v Trailer (rocco #8)
90 Passat GL 16V (the wifes new daily, 190k)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (wifes daily, 290k) **FOR SALE**