[Diy_efi] RE:photocoupler?

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Sun Feb 23 18:36:06 GMT 2003

Mark Bowers & Family wrote:

> Tony,
>
> What application are you trying to achieve with a photocoupler in line with
> an injector? Control the injector, or use it as a sensor to drive something
> else from the injector drive current??

Did someone say this was the pulsewidth meter project on the DIY page?
That's mine (warts and all).  The input to the circuit is a bipolar
photocoupler, I thought this would simplify connecting the circuit to
the injector (No worries about which side to connect to, if the injector
is driven on the high or low side, etc.).  Just connect it across the
injector and off you go.  Maybe not optimal, if someone wants to give
comments I'd like to hear them.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet