[Diy_efi] Base Fuel Calculations..

Tlsalt at aol.com Tlsalt at aol.com
Wed Jan 1 18:07:47 GMT 2003

Gregory Croft wrote,

I would like a formula that I could plug in displacement, fuel Pressure,
Injector Size and get a base pulsewidth in milliseconds.

Hello Greg,

Are you starting from scratch or converting an existing map to a higher
pressure?  If you are starting from scratch, your are going to need a few
more variables, like VE and target air fuel ratio.  Fuel pressure is already
in the "injector size", just convert the factory spec using the square root
formula.

Do you have the formula in Hartman's book for computing pulsewidth at peak
torque ?

Paul Saltwick