[Diy_efi] This turbo assist stuff, suggestions

Grant Beaty gbeaty at ufl.edu
Wed Jan 1 19:29:22 GMT 2003

> Ball-bearings indeed do have lower friction than under-lubricated
> hydrodynamic bearings.

Yes, we are aware of that. I think more people are worried about friction
during opperating conditions. Or are you implying that cold-starts can
eventually take their toll on plain bearing turbos?

FWIW Turbonetics now uses 713C Inconel turbine wheels. Not any lighter I
guess, just stronger? I wonder why they would want them stonger, I've never
heard of a failure, except of course for those molten EGT probes....
http://www.turboneticsinc.com/713CInconel.html

Grant Beaty