[Diy_efi] Digifant

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 2 16:47:14 GMT 2003

Hi Bernd,

As the car has had it from day one then its not worth pursuing
unless it troubles you enough to get an aftermarket ECU. If it
was my car from new or almost new it would very soon drive me
to distraction, and you've put up with this for so long, yet
its ironic your comment about 10 million not being a problem
as its a design in feature ~`:o mmmm ?

Maybe it does need a suppression cap to ensure the knock sensor
doesnt cause false readings by the ECU, ie. 'some' knock vs
a 'bad knock signal, adding a suppressor cap in the right place
may well be worth a try...

Are you really sure its a feature of the car from new or almost
new - have you ever swapped an ecu and 'bosch amp' and coil etc ?

rgds

mike