Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] This turbo assist stuff, Questions!

Hugh Keir hugh at sol.co.uk
Fri Jan 3 07:08:17 GMT 2003

I have been thinking further about this for getting some boost when at
standstill.

I wondered about the possibility of a solenoid to open the throttle to
create some revs, cut the fuel to some of the cylinders and use the non
firing cylinders as an air pump.

The Methanol / Water should hopefully ignite from the cylinder(s) that are
functioning normally and the oxygen that is now in the exhaust manifold will
burn enough to boost the turbo.

Ohio, I agree with your post about leaving the WI firing into the exhaust
manifold until reasonable boost is present when you can switch to normal WI.

Hugh