[Diy_efi] RB26 GTR stuff

Hugh Keir hugh at sol.co.uk
Fri Jan 3 07:10:13 GMT 2003

Mike,

You might try posting on http://forums.skylinesdownunder.co.nz/ when trying
to find a head, lots of the Australian guy's post on there. There are some
heads in th UK but it is probably not the cheapest option.

I have other links but it will take a while to dig them out.

I am doing some work on an RB26 just now trying to get the Ignition system
to work a little better. High boost runs make the RPM seen by the ECU very
unreliable which at its simplest means that the ECU is not supplying the
correct map point for ignition and fuel. I recently fitted a B&M New volt
ignition amplifier to the car set at 20 volts and also increased the plug
gap as per the instructions, but the logged RPM signal is now slightly
worse.

I think it is probably the spark being partially blown out an will try
reducing the gap to slightly below standard with the 20 volt amplifier to
see what that does.

Any thoughts? especially whether some bigger coils are available from
another Nissan engine that are cheaper than the Splitfire option.