[Diy_efi] HKS EGT guage wiring

TVS Toby at kmvs.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Jan 4 00:52:42 GMT 2003

I've bought a Mazda MX5 engine fitted with a GReddy turbocharger kit from a
scrapyard. Included with this was a HKS EGT gauge but unfortunately the
wires for this where cut when it was "removed". I would be very grateful if
somebody who's got one of these could explain how to connect it back up!
There are two plugs on the back of the gauge:
The first has three wires, a white, a red and a brown. The white and red go
to a two-pin plug that matches up with the plug the EGT probe. This just
leaves the brown with out a home.
The second plug has five wires, black, red, white, grey and yellow. All
these end very abruptly!
Unfortunatly there aren't any HKS dealers in the UK.
Many thanks indeed, Toby